As a landscaper I’ve discovered how the planning, preparing and maintaining of a garden is a lot like parenting.
Here are some of the valuable tips I’ve dug up …
* To grow a beautiful healthy garden requires a major investment of your time and energy
* Have a plan for how you would like to grow your garden … to give you the parameters you need to work within
* Never plant a garden to emulate your neighbours
* Determine the best environment for optimal growth of your plants and remember … all plants bloom at different times
* Just because a plant isn’t doing well one season, doesn’t mean you have to pull it out
* Although plants need their space to flourish … they still require ongoing nourishment and attention.
* Even if you prefer a garden that grows wild … at some point pruning is necessary
*Just because there are weeds all around … doesn’t mean there isn’t a bud lost somewhere in the middle looking for light
* Be patient … plants need time to achieve their full growth and beauty
* Be open to sharing gardening resources with others … you will discover while your garden is unique, the problem it might present is not
* The greatest joy is sitting back and savouring the beauty of your garden.
PS … and remember once you have a garden the work is never ending ~!!~
Written by The Boss of Yard Duty … firstname.lastname@example.org